Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Still Single...

You know what really bothers me? Folks always think that there is something wrong with a person when you're in your 30's (and above) and still single. "Why are you still single? What's wrong with you?" Puh-leeze people, don't say that. Us single folks have a lot of pressure already than to have you give us an extra complex. Besides, on hot summer nights and frigid cold evenings, we wonder the same darn thing. "Why in the heck am I still single?" Leave the questioning to us.

Then people go ahead and add insult to injury. "You need to go out more?" Where in the heck to they suggest? We go to church, Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, restaurants, grocery stores, and even venture to the club scene. Nothing. And personally, I smile and make sure that I'm inviting and personable. Still nothing. What does a girl have to do to get a date?

Now, on any given day I would rather be alone and single than miserable and married. I know enough couples who are miserable in their relationships and marriage (that's another topic). Frankly, I don't want to wait this long and be unhappy. So, I won't be settling, that's for sure.

My latest venture was to a Single's Ball. Yep, I paid good money and got dressed up and everything. Well, about 50 women showed up to greet about 7 men. Ugh! I'm crossing my fingers that this year will be more fruitfull, at least by my birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment