Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shake what your mama gave you!

Yep, I'll be doing just that. I MADE IT! Yes, I'm not only a certified Zumba instructor, but after two auditions, I am invited to be a Queen City Dancing Queen instructor. Yes!
As I walked into the first audition, two lead instructors and the owner sat behind a white folding table a la American Idol style. I thought, "Well, they've seen me for the past year and even seen me work it out on stage right beside them. I'll only be auditioning one or one and a half songs, tops." They had me do all three songs! I hooped a little bit as if there was a room full of participants and ended up sweating like a pig in a blanket! And afterwards, I had an interview. Whew, this thing was harder than getting a job with my previous employer, BOA.

Then, the audition in front of a class. Yep, even with the judges sitting right front (a little to the side) of the stage. Talk about nerve-wracking! And, I was the last person to audition after a 2-hour double header. I was so anxious that I couldn't even concentrate on all the others before me. It was wild because I couldn't even remember the routine!
But, I shook off all of the nervousness and kept it moving!

And, after all of this...I made it! I put my mind to it and did it!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Go Alicia, Go Alicia, Go Go Go Alicia! *Shaking hips entirely to hard*

    ReplyDelete