Friday, May 21, 2010

The Morning After

Ya'll, I'm sore. Who knew that my back (across my shoulders) would be sore? I expected my arms, but the rest of my body too? Come on, I wasn't venturing into pole dancing for the work out? Who does that? I strictly wanted to just tap into my sexiness.

Hey, guess what? It hasn't happened yet. My inner sexy goddess wasn't in the mirror this morning. She didn't show up as I cocked my head to the side and wiped crust away from my eyes. And, she didn't show up when I got out of the shower and looked at myself naked. But you know what? I still believe she's in me, maybe she's just not a morning person. Or, just maybe she needs more that one pole dancing lesson (it's a series of 6 classes). Or, maybe it takes more than just all of the dancing (Zumba, Dance Out and Urban Shimmy) I'm doing, but really looking at myself in the mirror and liking - no loving- what I see.

All of that is great - but what about the soreness?

Well, truth be told, I don't think this is the worst of it. I happened to wear leggings to my first class. I was told to wear shorts next time, "The shorter the better," she smiled innocently. But, what she didn't tell me (or the class) as she effortlessly flipped around, up side down, slid back down, and got back up sexy, is that we'll be walking away with pole burns. I was reminded of that as I read my friend's blog, thanks Sara!

She had the same experience during her pole dance class: trying to look sexy while being a virgin to the pole, then feeling the burning sensation as the pole meets skin and burns, as you attempt to slide down - while trying to look sexy. And, as my instructor as well as hers kept repeating, "Stand up sexy!" (In addition to "Keep toes pointed, ladies").

All day long I'm going to repeat "Get back up sexy." I won't be on a pole but as I get up from sitting down or bending to tie my shoes, whatever I'll be doing - just remember I'll be getting back up sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment