Friday, February 26, 2010

Today was just a "blah" day...

I started the morning sluggish and really wanting to sleep in. But, I'm very thankful to have somewhere to be going, if you know what I mean. My daughter is the slowest person and has always been slow. I have to keep prodding her, "Come on, come on, come on..." She can't multitask yet, at least not when the television is on so this morning, off went Good Morning, America.

So, I'm trying to rush her out the door while I was looking for my keys. It dawned on me that she sat in the car listening to a book on tape so she was the last one with them. As she puttered around retracing her steps, she went into the garage looking around. I asked incredulously, "What are you doing?"

"Well, I think I may have dropped them and didn't hear them when they dropped." Too many thoughts flashed through my mind that I couldn't process any of them. What do you mean, 'you think you may have dropped them'? Why would you wait until now to think you dropped them. Girl, if you make me late... Remeber we talked about being responsible. Blah, blah, blah... until I grabbed her by her collar and said, "Get the hell in here and find my keys!"

I know I shocked her. Heck, I shocked myself because I don't use any fowl language around her. There are many times I wanted to curse her, "What the f*** were you thinking? Girl, you better get out of my d*** face," or something, but I never, ever let it slip out. Needless to say, we rode together in silence for about 45 minutes. I guess we both had to have time to process our thoughts.

And, this afternoon -- I'll skip all the in between stuff -- I happened to call a pal whom I hung out with last year during CIAA. I wanted to check her plans and maybe we could connect, you know? We talked from time to time but not on a regular basis. So, when I reached her she answered, "Well, I haven't heard from you so..." Instantly, I thought, "Heck, I ain't heard from you either so that's why I'm calling. It's not like you've been leaving me voicemails and I've been ignoring them." I hate it when people do that. "You didn't call me so I didn't know." Well, you didn't know because you didn't pick up the phone to check. That's just like when people always end a conversation with, "Call me," and put the responsibility on the other party. Instead of saying, "I'll carve out time to call you," and taking all of the responsibility on themselves. You know?

Besides, I don't have to always talk to you to go out. I have friends that I don't talk to on a regular basis, but when we do talk it's just like we didn't miss a beat. Those are the friendships that I like - no blame, just talk to you when I do and everything is just fine.

Geez-louise, I hope my evening will be much better than my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment