Monday, February 22, 2010

Sara's Gone...

Last Friday, I attended an event that held mixed emotions for all of the attendees. Sara, the exuberant-cute-pouty-faced-energizer-bunny said 'farewell' to Queen City Dancing Queen. She was faced with a wonderful career opportunity which required her to relocate, but wanted to hold on to her love of QCDC. We've all been at a crossroads, right?

I remember reading her status update on Facebook that read that she had to make a monumental decision. I didn't know what the circumstances were, but like many others I chimed in with my two cents. I answered: Dr. Ben Carson said he asks himself four questions when faced with a challenging decision, "What is the best thing that will happen if I do this? What is the best thing that will happen if I don't? What is the worst thing that will happen if I do this? What is the worst thing that would happen if I don't?"

In time, Sara made the decision to relocate and advance in her career. Who can blame her? But, we all will miss her motivating moves, booty shaking and overall cute factor. As friends stepped up to the microphone and wished her well, it was tear jerking to see how much she has made an impact on so many people across the board. People who never knew the joy of dancing, ladies who've given up on feeling beautiful and empowered, dancers who were inspired to join the ranks as Zumba instructors, and teachers who learned from her experience all shared their "Sara" stories. I felt a twinge of jealousy because I didn't have my special Sara story, but realized that I didn't need one to have been inspired by her. We wiped away tears and struggled to hold our trembling lips in as we wanted to be a little selfish and keep our Sara right here in Charlotte.


Thank you, Sara, for making an impact on so many of us. Thank you for helping us to free our inner Shakira goddess. We may not shake it like Shakira or bounce it like Beyonce, but by all means and determination we will shake it and bounce it the way you taught and pushed us to! May your journey inspire more women to live life to the fullest. I don't think I would have had the courage to want to become an instructor if it wasn't for you. Trust this step and know that your path will not only be a blessing to you, but to every single person you come in contact with.

Take care...Sara...Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment