Thursday, March 18, 2010

Set It Off!

One of my favorite movies, Set It Off, was on tonight. Four women (Queen Lahtifa, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Vivica A. Fox and Kimberly Elise) share a personal bond through their struggles of poverty, but find a solution by robbing banks. Naw, its more to it than that, but I tried to make it sound decent. The movie is indeed, gripping, gritty and entertaining.

It's funny how I can remember when and with whom I saw that movie. Tracee, Erica, Ava and myself (all young acting students at the same Theatre school) went to the movie theater and watched in awe. In our minds, we cast ourselves in the roles and couldn't wait to make it as big time film actresses. Now I'll have to ask which roles we were to play...hmmmm, can't remember.

Erica, Me, Ava and Tracee in New Jersey '09
Boy, does life get away from you. We all are still acting in some form, but not on the enormous screen. We are all still friends and most of us are mothers while a half are married and the others are single. We kind of set if off in our own individual ways...minus the bank robbing.

3 comments:

  1. My Favorite line is when Vivica told dude "What's is the Procedure when you got a gun in your face"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Abena!
    Anonymous (tis different to speak to an anonymous person, like I'm in the dark) anyway, I love that line, too!!! Did you know that Jada wanted the role of Cleo?

    ReplyDelete