Monday, August 9, 2010

My to-do list...

Well, I can honestly say that I can mark something off of my to-do list that was never on it. If this particular event was on my list it would have read: Be insane for a moment and ride the intimidating Intimidator at Carowinds.

Earlier this summer, I really, really wanted to ride on the Intimidator. I stood with my mouth dropped opened and eyes wide staring up at the enormous rollercoaster. It seemed the tracks looped and dropped and went on forever. I just had to ride it, but not enough to stand in line under the blazing sun for at least 2-3 hours. (I know, it doesn't seem that long when you're in line - whateva.)

Dove and I found ourselves at the theme park on a cloudy, drizzling day. We rode every ride that we wanted to. But, and yes, there's a but...we started off on the high note. I talked her into riding The Intimidator - first. The line was short, we didn't have time to debate, analyze or even talk of our expectations. We were clicking our belt buckles before we realized what what going on, but instinctively I knew we weren't in Kansas anymore.

The car (or unit) climbed higher and higher and even higher. I love rollercoasters and the thrill of the drop. However, after ten minutes of climbing up the never-ending hill, it was at that precise moment that I questioned my sanity. Why in the world did I talk me and my only living child to get on this crazy ride? What in the world was I thinking? Was it too late to turn around? And, as I was about to cry like an infant fighting sleep that's when the tipping point came and down, down, down we dropped.

The down part should not be underrated here, folks. After that climb, the down was incredibly steep and I could have sworn that we were descending straight down - not at an angle or a curve- but straight down. And, round and round, up and down it went - on forever.

My to-do list has some incredible, risk taking challenges on it, but seriously, The Intimidator should have been number seven because that ride was thrillingly insane! Was I ready to run back in line - hellz no! I was ready for a kiddy ride to calm my heart down (I had to massage it back up to my chest since it dropped down to my stomach)!

No comments:

Post a Comment